About a month ago when my blog was called ‘Beauty In All Things’ I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Amy from Blogmoo. At the time I was oblivious to what this was. Obviously I knew that any kind of award is good, and is given to praise you for doing well at something. But being a new blogger, I had no idea what I had done to deserve an award.
But after reading Amy’s Liebster Award blog post which you can find here, I understood what it was all about, and was so happy and grateful to have been nominated for this award! Here is how Amy described the award:
“this award has roots in the German blogging scene. Liebster means dearest or favourite in German, and the award was born to show love new bloggers to recognise their achievements and efforts. It also functions as a support structure, aimed to connect new bloggers, build networks and help you find interesting new blogs which you may not have come across before.”
I would like to say a big thank you to Amy for kindly nominating me for the award, as it was encouraging to be recognised for putting effort into my new blog. I also want to thank her for introducing me to it. I didn’t know that this was a thing, but I’m glad I know about it now because it gives me the chance to nominate new bloggers whose blogs I have been loving. Amy’s blog is one I have been loving, you should definitely go and have a browse over at www.blogmoo.co.uk.
So the rules of this award, as mentioned in Amy’s post, is that I need to share 11 random facts about myself, answer 11 questions set by the person that nominated me, and think of 11 questions to ask the bloggers I choose to nominate for this award.
11 facts about me
- I am 19 years old.
- I am currently in my first year of university.
- My favourite colour is yellow.
- When I was younger I tried all sorts of hobbies from dancing to horse riding, but never carried them on as an adult.
- I love anything art, textiles or fashion related.
- I am Welsh.
- I would much rather stay in than go out partying.
- I don’t really like water, like deep water such as the ocean or swimming pools.
- I have green eyes.
- I would love to travel.
- I would love to be done with full time education and be in a stable job.
As you can tell, I’m quite boring…
My answers to the questions I was given
- If someone was to play you in a movie about your life, who would it be and why?
I’m struggling already! I guess it would be someone who looks like me and can relate to my life in some way so there would be some similarity and shared emotion. I don’t know who specifically..
- If you could only eat one food group (e.g. Italian, Chinese, Veg) for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
Italian, I could easily live off pizza and pasta.
- All time favourite TV series/book?
My favourite TV series has to be Gavin & Stacey. I absolutely love it, and have watched each series SO many times that I know all the words. I just wish they’d make another series. Not going to lie, I haven’t read ~that~ many books. But I read The Girl on the Train a few months ago, and I wish I could read it again without knowing what happens at the end. It takes a lot for me to get stuck into a book, but with that book it was no problem. I definitely recommend it!
- Who is your idol and why?
I don’t really have one specific idol, but I do have people I look up to and feel inspired by such as a few of my family members. I don’t want to mention specific names, but they are the kind of people that have had terrible things thrown at them in life, and I admire them for how they have dealt with those things.
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and what would you see?
I really would love to travel anywhere and everywhere. But the main places I definitely want to travel to is Italy, to see what the culture is like, and Australia to visit my family.
- Someone is on the phone for you, its an urgent call. Who would this person be….. Would you even take the call?
Ummmm… It would probably be my mother. She usually only calls me when it’s urgent, which is why I get nervous when the phone rings and her name is on the screen! Yes, I’d definitely take the call, because I know there’s a good reason for her calling me.
- Quick, what animal are you….?
Probably a cat. I wish I could eat, sleep and be cuddled all day.
- If you could learn any skill, what would that be?
I would love to learn how to cook and bake. I also would love to be able to play an instrument. I think being able to swim would come in handy too!
- Based on question 8, why have you not yet learnt this skill, what has stopped you?
I’ve never had an interest in cooking or baking, but since moving out of my family home I have become more interested in it, and would like to practice cooking more often. As a child I was never pushed to learn how to play an instrument, or to play a sport etc, so I never thought of those things as something worth doing, but I actually bought a guitar a few years ago with the intention of learning how to play it, but I still haven’t got around to doing it. But one day, I will. And no, I can’t swim, like at all. I vaguely remember going to a swimming party as a child and didn’t have a good experience with it, so I never wanted to learn how to swim. But again, one day!
- If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
I actually have no idea, I don’t really have a set job that I’d love to have. I think if I could, I’d be my own boss, but as for a set job, I don’t really have one. I have a number of things I’d like to achieve in life career wise, but at the moment I’m just ~going with it~. So who knows.
- If you could splat anyone in the face with a pie, who would it be? You must justify your answer.
I don’t have anyone specific in mind. I would probably splat someone nasty and negative who always brings others down to make themselves feel better, because it would be satisfying to see them feel the way they make other people feel. Even though they wouldn’t experience even half the unhappiness they make others feel, I think we can all agree it would be satisfying!
My questions to the people I choose to nominate
As far as I know there are no rules regarding the questions you ask, so I have decided to ask a variety of questions that I have split into three categories.
- What’s your name?
- How old are you?
- Where are you from?
Life in general…
- What are your main goals in life?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What is your favourite quote? Why?
- Who inspires you?
- What is your blogs name and why?
- What is your blog about?
- Why did you start blogging?
- Finally, what’s your favourite blog post that you have written so far? Leave the link so people can take a look!
Who I nominate for the Liebster Award…
I really struggled to find a lot of new bloggers, so I have only nominated the four bloggers below. These are bloggers whose blogs I have been reading through lately, and I think deserve this award.
- Lois – Life As Lois May
- Sophie – The Ophite Life
- Eugenia- Jenny’s Way
- Francesca – The Francesca Edit